As we approach Valentine’s Day, we thought it would be appropriate to talk about one of Shamanuti’s favorite ingredients (and known aphrodisiac) – Neroli.
Neroli is a rare and precious essential oil made from the flowers of the Bitter Orange Tree (Citrus Aurantium). Its exquisite aroma and oil has been used for centuries as an aid to soothe, relax and uplift the spirit, improve circulation, relieve muscle spasms and for its aphrodisiac properties. Historically, Victorian brides wore a sprig of neroli in their head dress and carried neroli in the bridal bouquet in an attempt to calm nerves and stimulate romance on the wedding night.
Neroli is a key ingredient in the luxurious recipe of Shamanuti’s beloved Crème No. 1. While this highly nourishing cream and moisturizer works at the cellular level to stimulate cell repair, block against environmental damage and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, it’s the soothing, calming, even mildly hypnotic effect that is experienced when using the product that keeps us wanting more.
In fact, the reputed aphrodisiac quality of Neroli stems not from a directly hormonal or stimulant effect, as with some oils, but rather from its ability to calm any nervous apprehension.
This year, we say forget the chocolate and indulge in our Crème No. 1. Your body and mind will thank you.
Learn more and shop for our Crème No. 1 HERE.
Love me? Try me.
All of our products are organically made in America. Shop Here
- Ulitmate Holiday Skincare Kit
- Looking for the perfect holiday gift? This must-have holiday kit housed is a beautiful custom bent wood box delivers daily skin nutrition to keep skin healthy and beautiful. The holiday kit includes: - 1oz Activated Charcoal Cleanser - 1oz Seaweed Toner - 1 oz. Crème No 1 - 1 oz. Pumpkin Enzyme Masque Read more – ‘Ulitmate Holiday Skincare Kit’.
- Fall Style: Q&A with Beth Hopkins
- A Sneak-Peak into Shamanuti Founder Beth Hopkins’ Fall Obsessions. What is your favorite thing about the Fall season? It’s a sudden defining and if unprepared a haunting season. What are your Fall beauty product necessities? A good new dry brush (my favorite is Yerba Prima Body Brush), Shamanuti Crème No. 1, Shamanuti Face... Read more – ‘Fall Style: Q&A with Beth Hopkins’.
- Soak up the Sunbutter
- Shamanuti has a new approach to summer skin care, and the sun is our inspiration! For a healthy glow and ethereal beauty, bath your skin daily in Sunbutter – a nutrient-rich breathable moisturizer with natural sun protectant ingredients. This light day-to-day moisturizer, packed with B vitamins, promotes anti-aging and improved mood, and allows your skin... Read more – ‘Soak up the Sunbutter’.